Monday, September 8, 2014

Wk 14 - love you fam!!

Companion: Elder Incil
Area: Andalein
picture taken from the mission blog-
September interviews with the mission President
so this week was pretty good!! it is so crazy how time flies! for example that ruger has started school? that is so crazy!! talias kids all look older already!! time really does fly here!! i am so happy to be here serving a mission. yeah of course there is hard times but without hard times you cant grow. for example that austin never works out and puts strain on his body therefore he is small. haha every day here i see a drunk guy either passed out or a guy struggling to walk because he is drunk. it never gets old and brings me temporary joy. one thing is at times i am typing i forget how to say things in english because in spanish it doesn't translate directly! 

yesterday my companion and i taught a lesson to a guy named mitchel and he is a way cool guy. he wants to be baptized but we need to make sure he has a testimony before baptism! the family that my comp and i are teaching the family hernandez leiton. they are getting baptized not this week but the week after that! which is cool! we have taught about the temple and they have a goal to be sealed in the temple!! that is so cool to me!

One thing that i have realized that is so important in this life is the temple. i am so grateful for the temple because i get to be with you guys for eternity!! that is way cool!! i have realized how much i like being around you guys from being on my mission. the hardest part is definitely being away from my brothers and sisters and of course my parents;) i sure do love my family! (this letter is about 3 paragraphs just for my mom) ;) 

Love,
Elder Smoot

No comments:

Post a Comment